The Raspberry Pi Foundation today announced a new product: The Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera.
- 12.3 megapixel Sony IMX477 sensor
- 1.55μm × 1.55μm pixel size – double the pixel area of IMX219
- Back-illuminated sensor architecture for improved sensitivity
- Support for off-the-shelf C- and CS-mount lenses
- Integrated back-focus adjustment ring and tripod mount
- The 6mm wide angle lens will be available for $25
- The 16mm telephoto lens will be available for $50
With the introduction of this accessory for the Raspberry Pi, truly epic time lapse videos of your prints are ready to be made. Adaptation for 3d printer use should be very rapid as this camera mounts with a standard 1/4" tripod screw.
The Official Raspberry Pi Camera Guide is available now from Raspberry Pi Press. The camera is available for pre-order and is expected to ship May 27.
The camera and both lenses are currently available for pre-order from Canakit.